Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Somethings that you should know before applying...

Something I wish I knew before I took on the Disney College Program was how much (or little) my school was involved with the DCP. In my case, my college knows absolutely nothing about this program. The DCP is like rocket science to these people. They have never even heard of it. Really? This is also an international program...people AROUND THE WORLD know and apply to this program and you have never heard of it? Really? Really Stockton?

Getting the information I need from these administrators is like finding the holy grail. I have never had such a hard time with something in my life. My advisor hasn't answered my emails (I sent several....) and academic advising has not helped me either. The man I spoke with literally said "I can't really give you any other answer besides 'I don't know'". He made a phone call to a woman, and when I asked if he wanted my contact information so he can pass the information back to me, he didn't want it. So, how am I supposed to fucking know what the woman on the phone says? Fuck.

Some people are luckier than I am. Their financial aid and loans allow them a semester of absence of leave. However, I have private loans so they require me to have at least 8 credits to maintain my part time student status. My school has no idea if the Disney classes will transfer....even though they are ACE accredited now.... They literally know nothing.

So as of right now I have 3 options:
1) Take my two Disney Classes (Human Resource Management and Advanced Hospitality) and pray the credits miraculously transfer.

2) Take online classes from my community college and burn a huge hole in my pocket. (Is it possible to redirect my loans?)

3) End my loans and start my 6 month grace period. But if I do that, then I will have to start paying back my loans immediately.

UGH, why is nothing in my life ever easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment