Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The DCP Facebook Groups

They disgust me. It kind of scares me that I will be working with these people. Everybody seems so negative. People will jump down your throat if you post a question or post something they don't agree with. All this drama started as soon as people started getting accepted in September/October. As soon as the first person posted that they were accepted, the whole page started to panic. People were getting accepted and they wanted to be one of them. I'm going to admit, my heart fluttered and I checked my email every 5 minutes. I'm not going to deny that I went crazy (to myself...I don't post in the facebook group).

The more acceptances posted in the group, the more impatient everybody got. People started panicking like "Why haven't I heard back yet?!", " It's been 2 weeks, should I call?!", " Is 'in progress' a good thing?!", "What does wait-listed mean?!". If I had a dollar for every time I saw one of those posts I could pay off my college debt and buy a bag of chips.

But now...it's not even like that kind of drama anymore. Now people are getting really snippy. Most of them are just looking for attention, and they get exactly what they want. People are threatening other people saying that they will get termed. No one is even there yet, you can't really judge who will get termed just by this facebook group.

And I am kind of being hypocritical when I say that, because I feel like some of those people will be termed. It looks like they are there for the wrong reasons, but I have no right to judge. So, I should not be judging. It just happens. When you say you are there for pussy and parties, it just gives off a really bad impression. As with any situation, people who don't belong will get weeded out.

For all the hopeful applicants, all I can say is to try to stay away from the facebook groups. When I got accepted I was SO excited I could finally join these groups. Now, it kind of killed a lot of excitement because I see a lot of immature people going. It's nothing but drama. But just remember, this group is just a fraction of the people going. There are tons of people still going who aren't in the group, so it's not totally bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment