Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Check in day and moore.

So that's right folks, I am all checked in and living in my lovely 2 bedroom apartment in Patterson Court!

And my role is....
*drum roll*
Walt Disney World's Polynesian Resort


I am SO relieved. Like, it's in the Magic Kingdom area, without actually being in the Magic Kingdom. I'm also relieved because I heard a couple other merch people got the poly, so I won't be the only CPer there. I am beyond happy with my location. I mean, who would complain about being put here?



So you probably want to know how the check in process was? It was LONG. I was so beat.
I woke up at 4:45am so I could leave All Star Movies to get to Vista Way. We got there a little before 6am, and I was like the second person in line. My roommates met up with me in the parking lot so we all went up together. Then we waited until 7, when a bunch of representatives in blue shirts came with iPads and checked us all in online. Then at around 8, we were moved into an area where we filled out like 3 papers agreeing to things. Then we went in a building where we got our housing assignments.

Originally we were going for Chatham, but we had an issue due to a medical accommodation. They gave us the option of splitting up our group of 4 in Chatham or staying together in Patterson. We chose to stay together in Patterson. So far, I really really like Patterson. It's only $1 more than Chatham and doesn't have a bus stop. But no big deal, I have my car! Woop. Our apartment is really nice, and generally came pretty clean, except for the dishes. And we had no shelves in our pantry. But we have plenty of space, and our complex is right near the clubhouse.

So, the homesickness hasn't hit me yet. It will probably hit when I have time to settle down and de-stress. Right now, I am worried about traditions, and hoping that my business attire falls under the guidelines. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment