Saturday, January 14, 2012

Aloha Day

Yesterday was my Aloha Day, which was my orientation. I can't tell you it was very exciting. We just watched a powerpoint for about 5 hours, and for the other 30 minutes not in the powerpoint we toured the Polynesian and hula danced infront of guests.

Everybody backstage was so nice. We had to find the tiki room and everybody eventually found it. There were 13 people in my group. There were like 2 recreations and 3 quick service. My aloha day trainer Denise was so nice. I loved her. I hope I will see her around. If anyone else is working at the Poly, I hope you get to have her as your leader!

Basically, in the powerpoint, we learned a little of the Polynesian's history, what guests expect from us, and safety in motion. It was all pretty boring. (The safety in motion was the worst part...but I think everybody has to go through that).

After the first half of the power point, Denise took us through the Poly resort and showed us one of the standard rooms. Then she introduced us to Auntie Kau'ula (I don't remember how to spell her name :( ) and she taught us how to hula. A bell hop whipped out a ukelele and we started to perform for guests. People were taking pictures of us and some even danced with us. It was cute.

I was disappointed we didn't get our costume though. I will get it first thing tomorrow though during Tier 1. I'm excited, but then again I'm not. We don't have the worst costumes ever, but it's a dress. And we have to wear pantyhose. That will be uncomfortable. I also want to invest in comfortable black flats. The only shoes I could find are a half size too big. Maybe I will just stuff some socks in my toe area. Something will be done.

I'm excited to actually start working. I don't know if I'm more excited than nervous though. I really hope I have nice trainers, because I heard some of the trainers in Magic Kingdom were scary. We will find out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment