Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Introduction!

Boy, do I suck at these. I am warning you now, I think I suck at blogging. Why? Because I am not creative enough to keep up with it. I see all these great blogs and I want mine to look like theirs, only I just never can. Anyways.

The basics...
My name is Melissa.
I am 19 years old....but I will be 20 this saturday!
I go to the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey.
My major is hospitality.
My current job is a cashier at Shop Rite.
I have younger twin siblings and a fat cat named Tigger.
I love food and disney and friends.

Disney related...things.
Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast/Tangled/Tuck Everlasting...etc.
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom!
Favorite Restaurant: Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort.
Favorite Resort: The Boardwalk/The Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Character: Winnie the Pooh/ Eeyore.
As you can see, I can never pick just one haha.

Disney College Program
Yes! I was accepted into the Disney College Program. I applied on September 5th, had my phone interview at 3pm on September 10th, and was officially accepted on September 20th!


(Yes, it is true. No more purple folders. I was very disappointed :( )

My role will be Merchandise for Spring 2012  with hopes of extending!
I hear they are opening the Little Mermaid ride in the Fantasyland expansion and I WILL DIE IF I DON'T GET TO GO ON IT BEFORE I LEAVE.

Anyway, merchandise wasn't my top role. I  wanted attractions. But beggars can't be choosers!

Why do you want to do the Disney College Program? 
This is the hardest question to answer. Because it's DISNEY. If I could live in disney, I would. (And I will be from Jan. 9- Jun. 1!) I love Disney, it has been a part of my whole life. I have a ton of memories that I can remember, even from my very first trip from when I was three. Alot of what I remembered were from Cast Members, so if I can make memories for atleast one child I will be happy. I am also excited to meet a TON of people. Everybody says they come out of this program with their true friends and I hope that is the case. I hope to meet my future best friends. Not that I don't love the ones I have at home. I'm just a greedy bitch and I want MORE. This program is also going to be a kick in the ass. I complain about shifts longer than 5 hours at my current job. I am going to have to get used to working 10+ hours pretty much everyday. I need to learn that to earn a living, I am going to have to work my butt off and I can't get everything I want that easily. It will be a slap in the face with the real world. I'm exciting that I will learn how to live on my own in Disney World. What better place, right? People say they come out of this program a whole different person. It changes their lives. This is the experience I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment